To get the best comfort and protection, it is important to look for features designed for your particular climate.
- Cold, Dry Winter. Opt for footwear with short height, cold temperature rating and water-resistance.
- Wet, Icy Winter. Consider waterproof feature with deep treads that promote traction to prevent dangerous slips and falls.
- Severe Winter or Heavy Snow Accumulation. Choose waterproof, deep tread, cold temperature rated boots with a height extending past mid-calf toward the knee. Velcro or draw-string closures at the top of the shoe are essential to prevent snow from seeping in.
For the best protection from the cold and snowy elements, look for waterproof uppers, deep tread outsoles and lightweight interior insulation.
- Waterproof vs Water Resistant. Waterproof design prevents moisture from entering. Water resistance repels water to a degree but becomes wet with prolonged moisture exposure.
- Moisture-Wicking Technology. This ingenious technology draws moisture away from the foot creating a barrier between the foot and the fabric which encourages air circulation and dryness. This is particularly important in airtight, waterproof footwear because their design retains body heat, which may promote sweating.
- Fur / Faux fur. For an even warmer feel, you may try a
Hunter boots have had a long and illustrious history. Founded in Scotland in 1856, Hunter has been handcrafting top quality rubber rain boots for generations. Hunter boots were the official boots of the Royal Army in both World War l and World War ll, and in 1940, they became the official wellington of the British royal family. In 2004, to celebrate the 50th anniversary of the green wellington, Hunter introduced four new colors to its line of classic black and green boots, and sales soared. Despite their staid and utilitarian beginnings, their undeniable style caught the attention of the fashion-forward, and they have become a much coveted wardrobe staple the world over.
The iconic Hunter boots are cozy, comfortable, durable and stylish. They successfully combine function and fashion. While the style and cachet of Hunter boots is indisputable, the quality and craftsmanship for which the company is known is the true reason behind it’s enduring success. Each boot is handcrafted from 28 individual pieces of rubber and rigorously tested to ensure durability. They are guaranteed to be watertight and are lightly lined with a quick-drying synthetic material for added warmth and comfort.
The most popular style of Hunter boot is …
If you have a fetish for boots, you know how important it is to find the best choice for you. Online stores will have huge boot collections for you to choose from but you must also play your part to get the very best. Knowing your legs and calves might be all the hints you need to make the right selection thus reducing on disappointments especially with online purchases.
- Tip 1 – If your calves are thick, choose boots with stretchy fabric or leather, elastic gussets, laces and buckles should work fine for you. To flatter your leg curve, you can also choose those with angled cuffs. The secret is to avoid boots that can make wearing tedious as well as boots ending at the area the calf is widest or wraparound straps accentuating the fullness. You can wear your boot with leggings or tights with matching color for that lean long line look.
- Tip 2 – If your legs are short, go for wedged and heeled boots to lengthen the appearance of your leg. Streamlined designs complete with vertical accents such as laces and zippers are best for you because they move the eyes upward compared to sideways. The