They boost the party mood
This is in the sense that they are designed to be fun to wear for the little ones. The simple thought of getting transformed into the characters they love most or associate with keeps their moods on the rooftops. Hence, they end up enjoying the party all through. The costumes keep them entertained even when there isn’t a lot of an activity to engage in. They will still feel excited even when they are playing alone.
They boost self esteem
This is especially helpful for children who usually don’t feel too beautiful. When given the chance to select a fancy dress costume they feel makes them look more glamorous and beautiful, it becomes easy for their self-esteems to be boosted. For instance, the princess themed costumes can make any girl feel beautiful even when in the midst of friends even though usually she is concerned about her looks. They offer them an easy way of enjoying the party feeling their best.
They ease socializing
This benefit becomes evident when your children are attending parties invited by children they don’t know too well. The fancy dress costumes make it easy for them to break the ice and even form relationships. This is because the costumes provide a readymade talking point and they can help overcome shyness amongst children new to each other. They make it easier for them to approach one another through compliments and hence instant friendships are made. You don’t have to worry about your child feeling lonely in a party when he or she has the right costume on.
They help build confidence
By trying to adapt to the characters they are imitating, the kids are in a position to escape from their own characters they are not very comfortable with and this is amazing for confidence building. They also find that they are more aware of the feelings and thoughts of people around them. Hence, they stop feeling too conscious about areas they are not very happy with. The costumes give the children a chance to look at themselves from a whole new perspective and this might be all they need to boost and build their confidence levels even on the long run. They feel that they can be anything they wish to be.
Let’s face it most brides purchase their dress well in advance and unless you are paying additional storage costs to the bridal store from which it was purchased, keeping it in perfect condition will fall squarely on your shoulders. In order to know how to store your dress to avoid any irreversible damage from occurring, it is vital that you take a look at the overall design.
If your dress is one of those creations that is covered in beads; pearls; sequins or rhinestones or any other embellishment then chances are it weighs a ton. Well; close to a ton anyway; but the main thing to remember here is that you will need to store it in a flat position. To do this first lay the dress out on a white sheet which you can use to wrap over the dress and then slip it under a bed. However, if you have pets in your home this may not be ideal. Many wedding dress stores will offer special long boxes in which you can place your neatly wrapped dress and keep it safe from pets.
Similarly dresses that incorporate delicate inserts or thin straps that hold heavier fabric in place should also be stored in the “flat” position. If at all possible you can also fold the dress once wrapped in the sheet or if you only have a limited amount of storage space then you can roll the dress, which will result in fewer wrinkles as well.
Lighter less fancy wedding dresses can be hung normally in your cupboard, but if your dress is made from silk or a similar natural fabric then it will need to be able to “breathe”. The best decision is to spend a bit extra on a non-synthetic garment bag; or once again opt for wrapping it in a cotton sheet and storing it under a bed. Also ensure that these types of dresses are not subject to heat or direct sunlight. Of course polyester dresses are the easiest to store as they can hang for months in your closet without any dilemma.
A few days before your wedding you should hang your dress on a hanger; all creases may simply hang out but if not then hanging it in a steam filled bathroom may just do the trick. Another option is to rent a steamer specially designed for delicate fabrics; and can be taken with to the venue to ensure you stay wrinkle free all day.
Buy Long Enough Clothes
You should only invest in outfits that are long enough for your body. Remember that wearing an outfit that is even an inch shorter than you will make you appear too tall which will give you a weird look. Of major importance you should always aim at hiding your arms.
Here you should wear shirts with volume sleeves. If you want to add an additional shape you should go for outfits with Batwing sleeves.
Go For Thicker Fabrics
Fabrics with weight, structure and texture tend to hold their shape thus adding dimension to your frame. The texture added by these fabrics adds visual interest to your body. The texture also softens the severe body lines.
Ensure That the Clothes Are a Close Fit
You should avoid oversize clothes as they tend to accentuate your thinness. Proper fitting clothes on the other hand give you an attractive look. If you have bought an outfit and found it to be too large, you should take it to your favorite tailor and have it altered. During the alteration you should ask the tailor to take in the waist and make the legs slimmer.
Use the Right Accessories
The aim of accessories us to take the attention away from the areas that you feel insecure about. For example, if you want to draw attention from your body you should go for jewelry such as earrings. When wearing the jewelry you should be cautious that you don’t go overboard. As rule of thumb you should keep the jewelry into a moderate scale.
If you have a beautiful face you should draw attention to your face by wearing a hat.
Go For Colors
Fashion experts have been able to show that bright colors tend to create an illusion of size. Chunks of color on the other hand visually break up long body lines making your body a little fuller. When selecting the colors always go for the ones that complement skin tone.
Set up the financial backing
Prom dresses can make a huge break in any guardian’s financial plan. So, you may need to begin planning if you truly need to get the outfit you wish for. To get a sensible figure on the amount you have to spare, check the web, so, you’ll know what amount these dresses will cost. If your taste goes more to designer dresses, then check sites that have these offerings to know the going rate. You might likewise visit nearby boutiques in your area to make out how much these dresses will cost. The way to setting up a financial plan is to begin as early as possible so that you can have more cash to spend.
Get the recent trends
Since your prom could be months away, you have to pay consideration on design patterns in regards to prom dresses as you need to wind up wearing a dress that is updated with current styles. The style you see today may be stylish just for the following months and may get to be passed soon, so, it’s generally better to know where design is going. You can log online to see most recent plans or you can likewise read style magazines to screen outline forecasts for the following seasons.
Pick a dress that highlights your looks
A person’s body shape should be the basis in picking a dress as this will help the dress highlight the wearer’s image better. There are four body sorts: rectangle, hourglass, triangle and spoon, and you can watch these on the net to see which class you fit. In case you’re not certain about your body sort, then going by a dress store may offer assistance. Numerous apparel stores utilizes aides and services to help individuals in such manner. You can likewise approach relatives or friends who know what dress sort will coordinate your body.
New mums to be selective in choosing maternity clothes, because it’s not only her own comfort and preferred style that need to be considered-the comfort of the little one she holds close and nurtures is also important. Below are some of the tips to guide you if you’re looking for breastfeeding clothes to wear every day.
- Stretch is something that mothers need to look for because it’s so much easier to just pull the neckline of a top down when it’s time to feed bubs, and up when you’re finished. In a split second, you can create easy access to your breast for feeding and then cover it up once the little ones done.
- Make sure it has the right fit and quite loose but still structured. Overall, it’s just more comfortable and it provides excellent ventilation, which is a great relief on warm humid days when both you and the baby are feeling the heat. Also, loose but structured tops are great for layering (you can easily wear something under and over them) to create a new look that’s also seasonally appropriate.
- Keenly feel and observe the type of material used. Go with natural, non-synthetic fabrics (such as organic cotton or bamboo fabric) because babies have a sensitive skin. Since they are frequently held close to mum, their skin can get irritated if it comes in contact with non-breathable, prickly material that’s been treated with all sorts of chemicals. You may suffer from physical discomfort as well because of your clothing material, especially with the different hormonal changes you’re going through.
- You also have to consider whether or not the clothing wrinkles easily. Such fabrics are a hassle–you would need to iron them first so that they’ll look right. When you’re a new mum, you just want to put on a no-fuss piece of clothing, look nice, and be done. It’s always convenient to find clothing with easy, wash-and-wear fabrics that do not wrinkle or do not need to be ironed anymore.
Casual Dress at the Office
Stuffy and formal workplace attire has been ditched by a lot of designers and fashion heads and they are introducing a more casual and fun style of business dress. A number of companies have reinstated this sort of dress code meaning that every day is now a ‘casual Friday’. Hence, employees are still expected to be dressed in a semi-professional outfit, but they have the freedom to give up the traditional black business suit and the conservative shoes that go with it.
As far as women are concerned, this relaxation in attire requirements means that they can don semi-conservative yet semi-casual outfits like loose-fitting summer dresses and wrap dresses that don’t show much leg and cleavage, casual shirts and linen pants. Jeans and tops are also permitted by some companies along with sneakers.
Casual Street Dress
Women have a variety of opportunities to dress casually when they are out on about. It doesn’t matter if they are just taking a stroll through the park, doing some shopping in street boutiques or combing through books in a bookstore; there is always a casual dress for the occasion. Their choices in shoes can range from casual boots to chic flats to sneakers whereas jeans can be baggy or skinny. Fitted long-sleeved and short-sleeved tops, tank tops and t-shirts make for excellent casual street tops. You can also wear casual loose-fitting long or short dresses and pair them with low heels.
Casual Dress for Parties
Rather than going for the age-old option of mini dresses or short cocktail dresses, you can dress casually when you go to parties. However, this can also depend on the type of club and the nature of the party. Women who are attending parties where there isn’t any strict dress code or don’t feel like getting dolled up can opt for something on the casual side. You can also wear fitted tops with skinny or fitted jeans and complete the look by putting on low heels.
There are many types of dresses that you can go for. The most common ones are:
- Mini bride: this is an outfit that resembles the bride’s wedding dress, but it shouldn’t be an exact match. You can match different areas of the dress. For example, if the bride’s dress has white beads and a lace, you should buy a flower girl dress with the same.
- Colorful: this is where you go for a dress that matches the wedding colors. For a great look you should ensure that the color of the dress matches the wedding theme color. To create variety you can match the color with that of bridesmaid’s dresses.
There are a number of factors that you need to consider for you to buy the right flower girl dress. These factors include:
- Setting: where will you be having your wedding? If you will be having a beach wedding, the dress should be light and with airy colors such as pastels. It should also come in simple designs.
- If you will be having a ballroom wedding, you should go with a fancy dress. Regardless of the setting of the wedding, you should ensure that the girl is comfortable.
- Season: I bet you wear different outfits for different seasons, don’t you? Your girl should wear a dress that is ideal for the season that you will be doing the wedding. For example, if you will be doing the wedding during summer, the flower girl dress should be light and sleeveless. As rule of thumb you should avoid a dress that has heavy fabrics that will stick to the girl.
If you will be doing your wedding during winter of fall you should go with an outfit that matches the season. This calls for you to avoid a sleeveless dress. To keep the girl warm you should get her a pair of socks or tights that go with the dress.
The flower girl attracts a lot of attention; therefore, you should ensure that she looks great. When making the purchase you should remember that the wedding is a one-day affair; therefore, you shouldn’t spend a lot of your money on the dress-always shop around for cheaper, but high quality alternatives.
- Cheap sequin cocktail dresses: College parties are great places for finding your soul mate. Dress to the best of your capability and impress a lot of people at the party. These costumes are going to make you look better than everyone else. Take your chances and make this cocktail party memorable.
- A shade of black: You are always going to look prettier in a black dress. Keep black apparels as the last option. Go to the local market or traverse through online stores and look for the affordable costumes. If you fail to find the perfect costume for the party then wear your lovely black dress to the party and make everyone fall in love with you.
- Peach Color: Peach color costumes are very popular among college going girls. Exquisite accessories are going to increase the benevolence of these light colored costumes. Girls can wear these to parties or to wedding events.
- Short skirts: Nothing beats short skirts when it comes to style. Girls can buy these from varied online stores at affordable prices. Short skirts are also available in the market at heavy discounts.
- White costumes: White costumes are never going to go out of fashion. Every year fashion changes, but white and black colored costumes are always in demand. People prefer these costumes because it is easier to maintain them.
Sequin cocktail dresses are turning out to be the first choice of girls from around the world. One can acquire these from the local market at a heavily discounted price. On the other hand, various online stores are offering great deals on cocktail dresses. Online stores are also going to deliver items to your doorstep. Dress to the best of your capability and make everyone fall in love with you.
Full Embellished Short Dresses
Fashion that speaks of the masses is regarded as the choice of many and girls are going for trendy styles. But there is the risk of getting too mixed up with similar styles. Everyone wants to look unique yet not out-of-place for Prom and cocktails. Fulfilling the quest for a formal occasion dress can be a headache unless you know how to play with the styles. You can have embellishments going all the way up till mid thigh and along the hem of the dress. The embellishments can either follow a pattern or placed asymmetrically over the dress. Similarly you can have embossing done on illusion back and also on sheath style body hugging short dresses. Next are the corset top embellished bodices which you can pair up with layered skirt that can end up being thigh length or knee length whatever may be the choice.
Be Elegant in White
White is not common for formal occasions but there is a trend to implement elements of white or having the dress in overall white with some style additions to make it look different from being a wedding dress. Yes, you do not want to look like a bride for your high school event. Prom and evening dresses in white can have the touch of illusion to go with the trend. This variation will make it look like a prom dress with a glamorous feel. Take for example a dress in white mermaid silhouette with a strapless bodice but with halter illusion layering on top. This gives the dress that prom appeal it needs.
Crop Top with Elegance
More in trendy styles are the crop top party dresses with elegant full length skirts. You cannot ask for more when you have the most off-beat yet very much ‘IN’ trend dresses. Try to get a crop top that has illusion design or the one with overall sparkles to brighten up prom nights and cocktail parties. A corset tie back with an elegant A-line skirt can be the definite show stealer this time.
Rules are meant to be broken and if you want to be at the edge and more in trend, unlike others then going with styles as mentioned above and choosing the one you like the most, is the next thing to do. There are some awesome trends that will surely make you the queen of the show and make heads turn with appreciation. Choose from some amazing colours of the season like, champagne, gold, white, Ivory, pastels and black.